Product Designer in Denver
I’m a big picture thinker who thrives at crafting intuitive user experiences & reimagining brands for the digital space. A Denver based Product designer, working in web and mobile design for the past five years. I’m currently heading up the design team at BiggerPockets as the Lead Senior Product Designer.
Senior Product Designer @ BiggerPockets
October 2016 - Present, Denver, CO
- Building and leading the experience design team at a fast-paced startup.
- Developing and implementing design strategy, process, and collaboration practices across the organization.
Senior User Experience Designer @ n.io
April 2016 - October 2016, Denver, CO
- Instituted new design processes and strategies that focused on cross team collaboration and client alignment.
- Executed end-to-end user experience design on multiple projects spanning various verticals and clients.
User Experience Designer @ LinkedIn
November 2013 - April 2016 San Francisco, CA
- Designer for SlideShare, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions (Bizo), LinkedIn Talent Solutions (Recruiter), and Subscriptions and Payments.
- Responsible for conception, ideation, site/system/user flows, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, writing product specs, and final visual design assets for Product, Marketing, and Enterprise teams.
- Collaborate with product managers, content strategists, fellow designers, developers, and engineers to ensure a consistent, efficient, and enjoyable ux.
- Design lead on SlideShare’s new feature, Clipping, a cross-platform tool to help users collect and organize information in a more actionable way.
- Transformed LinkedIn’s member checkout flow. Simplified the experience by reducing a two page flow to a single page with 50% fewer input fields and increased transparency on billing processes by improving clarity of transactional details. Successfully reduced member refunds by ~55% resulting in annual savings of $25M.
- Member of the LinkedIn UX Task Force focused on resolving and enhancing LinkedIn’s most challenging user experiences.
Product Designer @ CBS Interactive
March 2013 - November 2013, San Francisco, CA
- Lead designer for TVGuide.com, TV.com, and Metacritic.com.
- Designed product pages, landing pages, email campaigns, an interactive community platform, and native mobile apps from ideation to full production release, adhering to fast-paced publication schedules.
- Redesigned the TVGuide homepage, introducing a new IA structure to make content more discoverable, scannable, and optimize for sponsored ads.
UI/UX Designer @ Hightail (formerly YouSendIt)
June 2011 - March 2013, Campbell, CA
- Executed end-to-end UX design for multiple departments: Product, Marketing, Enterprise, e-Commerce, and cross-channel publication.
- Revamped the YouSendIt payment process. Performed heuristic evaluation on the original checkout flow, collaborated with stakeholders, and crafted the new design and flow for an optimal user experience that met all international requirements. Reduced drop-off rate by over 20%.
- Designed award-winning direct marketing emails distributed to 40+ million users. Boosted and sustained key email marketing metrics including click-through rates, upsell conversions, and gross adds.
The Art Institute of California – Silicon Valley
Bachelor of Science in Web Design & Interactive Media